Silberman Endodontics provides you with the best, most accurate and thorough diagnosis possible.
CBCT (Cone Beam Computed Tomography), also referred to as 3-D, is a new technology that will give us a 360 degree three dimensional view of the area we are examining.
Previously, we were limited to a two dimensional picture of a three dimensional problem.
That has changed significantly with the advent of CBCT. One 3-D scan will allow us to examine the region of interest at a high resolution from many different perspectives.
Multiple clinical studies have shown the support of this technology in Endodontics in the following areas:
- Pre-operative evaluation of tooth morphology and root canal anatomy.
- Diagnosis of dental periapical pathosis.
- Analysis of root resorption defects.
- Evaluation of dental root fractures.
- Treatment planning of endodontic non-surgical and surgical retreatment cases.
Because of these and other benefits, we feel strongly that this state of the art technology will allow us to provide our patients with the very highest level of care possible today.
The scan generally takes between 10 to 20 seconds and the images are transferred directly to a computer.
A common question is the amount of radiation that is emitted in obtaining this type of image. In an effort to provide the best care and lowest radiation dose possible, we selected a unit by Morita.
Their machines offer extremely low radiation dose. Below are a few comparisons for a typical 40 x 40 mm scan.
- Less than a medical chest X-ray.
- Less than the amount of radiation absorbed during a flight from Los Angeles to New York.
We look forward to providing you with exceptional care utilizing the most current and advanced technology available in dentistry.