A Diplomate is an Endodontist who has been certified by the American Board of Endodontics. Dr.Silberman achieved that status in 2006.
The American Board of Endodontics is an organization recognized by the American Dental Association and the American Association of Endodontics.
Its purpose is to assure the public that the endodontist it certifies have demonstrated exceptional knowledge, skill and expertise in the specialty of endodontics and to progressively raise the quality of patient care.
To become a Diplomate, also known as Board Certified Endodontist, Dr. Silberman met the following requirements:
- Two years of Postdoctoral education in Endodontics in an ADA approved program.
- Work in a practice Limited to Endodontics for at least four years.
- High moral, ethical and professional qualifications.
- Hold a valid license to practice Endodontics.
- Pass a specialty written examination which includes basic science, clinical endodontics and related disciplines.
- Submit documentation of a variety of cases from his practice, which shows exceptional expertise and skills in the area.
- Pass an oral examination given by a team of experts in the field.
To learn more about a Board Certified Endodontist please visit www.aae.org/certboard.